FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA’s Premium Economy soft product losing its competitive edge
Old Aug 18, 2022, 4:53 am
nomadabroad

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Door5L
BA World Traveller Plus is not worth the money compared to other carriers but like any brand loyalty, some passengers feel a sense of superiority by virtue of paying the extra money to sit in this cabin but a kitkat as a meal option sums things up. Or maybe the BA market research has told them that their WTP passengers want to be served kitkats.

Virgin offers a fairly decent Premium Economy service - especially a decent afternoon tea and mid flight hot snack on longer West coast flights - which I do pay for but otherwise I would pay for BA Club World.
Premium Economy is like that confused middle child with different airlines taking different approaches i.e some airlines with little to no differentiation to Y other than the hard product, meals better on some airlines than other, WTP on BA tend to be on the el cheapo side however

in terms of industry benchmark in my opinion Virgin Australia pre-bankruptcy / pandemic on the 77W was definitely the gold standard

- Tablecloths laid out
- Appetiser/Mains/Dessert served separately in courses
- Mains plated on-board
- Dedicated FA

It helps comparing against the gold standard as a wake up call just to realise how cheap BA has gone on their WTP cabin (though this seems to be the general trend lately even with the likes of SQ, CX etc)

one can only dream of soup ever being served in WTP lol