FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking ZRH-SFO-PHX; SFO-ZRH on United.com on LX - cannot book seats
Old Aug 14, 2022, 1:12 pm
MitzEclipse

Question Booking ZRH-SFO-PHX; SFO-ZRH on United.com on LX - cannot book seats

Hi all
I am booking a flight in Dec SFO-PHX; SFO-ZRH on United.com for a family of 4 (two adults, one kid, one lap infant). Actual metal will be LX as the UA flight is seasonal. I am booking Ecoonomy so I can ensure I can 1) book seats and 2) check in a bag. When I get to the second step of the booking process I see this error:

This flight is operated by a partner airline

Seat selection and changes are not available for this flight at this time. You'll be assigned a seat prior to boarding. For additional information, visit the operating airline's website.

Ensuring I get a proper seat is essential hence the concern. I will anyway be calling LX later to book the bassinet, or at least attempt to. Based on this, how do I then get the seats booked? is it even worth booking Economy? Should I just go with Basic Eco? Dates are firm anyway and even if I pay for the extra luggages, there is still a $ difference of about $300 so wondering if it's simple savings I can take advantage of. I'm not bothered by the miles or anything else.