FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Variation on the Globalist vs Titanium question!
Old Aug 14, 2022, 12:09 pm
sfgiants13

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
I used to earn Hilton diamond but switched to Hyatt last year and got globalist when they did the double nights promo on the card. I earned it in about 15 nights. Blows Hilton out of the water but the limited footprint is what hurts. I no longer earn diamond but get it via credit card anyway so no loss. Marriott’s footprint has me strongly considering using them as a backup to Hyatt. I’m waiting to see what changes come out with their new Amex cards. It’s only 20 nights to platinum with the card night credits but if their new card includes platinum status that would dilute it down to Hiltons level which would make it near useless. But having status with all major hotel chains would be nice in that I wouldn’t be limited in travel destinations as much or be stuck with a hotel I have no ties to.

As for which hotel to stick with if you plan on doing Marriot on those 23 trips I’d go for titanium. If one of them is a lengthier Hyatt trip and you’ll be out of suite upgrades I’d go for Hyatt because one of those would be extremely valuable to me. I don’t have firsthand experience with how Asian properties treat those with status as far as comp suite upgrades go but ghats something else to consider.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Aug 15, 2022 at 8:18 am