FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:46 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Honestly I don't know, I haven't used a regular taxi since Uber entered the market and never will again. There are some budget taxi companies that have a price that matches Uber. The established staxi companies primarily seem to be losing business to Uber and Bolt. Lyft isn't a thing in Stockholm.
I'm not sure to which company/companies the established taxi companies in Sweden are losing at this point. Big taxi/car service purchasers/reimbursers in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmo seem to still use the big Swedish taxi companies. And beyond Stockholm, Uber is not all that relevant or better than what is available otherwise.

Have LCCs destroyed SK's ability to do better by its customers? I would say they have not by themselves. What has destroyed the ability for SAS to do better by the traveling customers is the twisted mix of a lack of competition, sitting on its legacy major laurels, and management driven to try to be all things to all people while playing copy-cat to try to make the investor community happy at the expense of the customers. In the end, maybe the striking SAS pilots got it best.

Last edited by GUWonder; Aug 11, 2022 at 1:52 pm