FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:31 am
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stephaniepatricia
I booked a ticket on AF (as I do many times a year) and now they are saying that I cannot take a checked bag. First the rep said it was because of my connection with VA, I called VA and they said my ticket allows a bag.

I have gotten about 5 different answers from the reps on line. The whole partnership with AF is a mess, AF treats me like crap because I do not have status with *them* but it makes no sense to have two different Skyteams accounts.

Does anyone have a idea of a contact that can talk to both AF and DAL?
The whole partnership with AF is far from being a mess. It was a mess years ago but it has matured over the years and a large number of issues have been corrected. That being said, there might be a few glitches now and then like the one you are experiencing.

Is your status showing on the AF website when you go to manage your booking? If not, during check-in you'll have the opportunity to add your Skymiles again and the status will show. Last resource is the check-in agent at the airport, if for any reason the system doesn't waive the bag fee automatically, they can manually waive it once you show your credentials.