FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to get Aa elite benefits on JetBlue
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:09 am
rrgg

Originally Posted by johnstafford
The full-size carryon issue is correct as guv1976 states having grappled with the issue last week. I (AA Plat) am unable to access EMS seats (even within 24 hours) but got complimentary upgrade at airport check-in (for checked luggage). This is true even with my AA number associated (two hour wait for web help....). Their IT is very sketchy on AA elites.
Originally Posted by guv1976
I expect that you all got the ability to bring aboard a full-size carry-on (as opposed to an under-seat "personal item") only because you all got EMS seats. Unless there has been a very recent change, bringing aboard a carry-on on Blue Basic fares is not a benefit of AAdvantage elite status; but it is a benefit of sitting in an EMS seat.
Do they state anywhere on the website that a carry-on is not allowed for an AA elite traveling in Blue Basic? I only infer it by omission from the reciprocal benefits page.

Also why are you distinguishing between "full-size carry-on" and "under-seat personal item?" Are you saying that a non-elite buying Blue Basic can put a backpack under their seat, but just can't use the overhead?