Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

How to get Aa elite benefits on JetBlue

Old Mar 23, 22, 9:32 am
Original Poster

We booked flights on JetBlue using tryís blue points. How can we get reciprocal elite benefits - free baggage, priority boarding? I donít see any place to enter advantage number on reservation. Thanks in advance
Old Mar 23, 22, 10:23 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

There is a place to enter your AA number when initially booking the flight as per this screenshot of the checkout process. If you did not add your AA number when making the reservation, you'll need to contact JetBlue to have them add it for you.
GW McLintock likes this.
Old Mar 24, 22, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
There is a place to enter your AA number when initially booking the flight as per this screenshot of the checkout process. If you did not add your AA number when making the reservation, you'll need to contact JetBlue to have them add it for you.
No need to call, you are also able to do this online after booking if you forget during initial booking. Just go to Manage Trips and then "Update Traveler Details" at the bottom of the page. There is a spot for Frequent Flyer preferences.

Interestingly, jetblue.com did not initially accept one of the AAdvantage numbers for a member of my party on initial booking (maybe because it started with a zero?) but I was able to add it later using this method.
AutoSlash and zohyeahz like this.
Old Mar 28, 22, 7:28 am

Location: Stamford, CT - AA Lifetime Plat - 3MM and counting. Mosaic.
You’re booking on Jet Blue and flying on Jet Blue metal, so what if you wanted to accrue the miles on Jet Blue but still have your AA benefits. It doesn’t seem like that can currently be done, but there should be a way to store both FF#s in profile to overcome this.
Old Mar 29, 22, 10:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm wondering this too. I'm flying Jetblue metal on an award using Jetblue points, but hold AA elite status. My hope is that attaching my AA number to the award I receive a free checked bag. Although Jetblue accepts the AA number, I'm not seeing any elite recognition at this time.
Old Mar 30, 22, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by enfuego View Post
I'm wondering this too. I'm flying Jetblue metal on an award using Jetblue points, but hold AA elite status. My hope is that attaching my AA number to the award I receive a free checked bag. Although Jetblue accepts the AA number, I'm not seeing any elite recognition at this time.
I'll answer my own question. Elite benefits were there when I checked in but not beforehand.
themicah and lowfareair like this.
Old Apr 2, 22, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
I'll answer my own question. Elite benefits were there when I checked in but not beforehand.
Does the baggage benefit apply to each passenger on the same res, or only to the actual elite? Thanks.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 22, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by lairdb View Post
Does the baggage benefit apply to each passenger on the same res, or only to the actual elite? Thanks.
I can confirm the answer is yes. Booked a $22 one way Blue Basic x 6 passengers. 1 passenger is AA platinum, one is AA gold. Other 4 have no status. All passengers were able to select seats free of charge at booking, all passengers got a free checked bag and a free carryon bag. At check in, all passengers were able to move to "Even more space" seats. All around excellent value for AA elites.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 22, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by zohyeahz View Post
I can confirm the answer is yes. Booked a $22 one way Blue Basic x 6 passengers. 1 passenger is AA platinum, one is AA gold. Other 4 have no status. All passengers were able to select seats free of charge at booking, all passengers got a free checked bag and a free carryon bag. At check in, all passengers were able to move to "Even more space" seats. All around excellent value for AA elites.
I expect that you all got the ability to bring aboard a full-size carry-on (as opposed to an under-seat "personal item") only because you all got EMS seats. Unless there has been a very recent change, bringing aboard a carry-on on Blue Basic fares is not a benefit of AAdvantage elite status; but it is a benefit of sitting in an EMS seat.
Old Apr 25, 22, 12:05 am

The full-size carryon issue is correct as guv1976 states having grappled with the issue last week. I (AA Plat) am unable to access EMS seats (even within 24 hours) but got complimentary upgrade at airport check-in (for checked luggage). This is true even with my AA number associated (two hour wait for web help....). Their IT is very sketchy on AA elites.
fedechat likes this.
Old Apr 27, 22, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
For AA Plat Pro and higher, benefits start at 24 hours prior to the flight allowing complimentary access to Even More Space seats.
fedechat likes this.
Old Apr 30, 22, 10:55 pm

Programs: HYATT Globalist = AA Plat Ex = Mlife Noir, Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75k
I have a reservation using Jetblue points booked with my Trueblue not AA. Manage Trips and then "Update Traveler Details" at the bottom of the page does not give me an option to change FF from JB to AA. It's deactivated.

It is somewhat strange in the first place for JB to even allow points redemtion with AA number but I just made another reservation with points as AA EP.
I see 1 free check bag probably from my JB credit card.
Hopefully 10% points back as a cc holder does come in after trip, too.

LIttle too good to be true using JB points, travel bank and cc benefits as well as AA EP all at the same time, but no complaints.
Old May 7, 22, 9:59 am

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
I booked a Blue Basic fare and was unable to book a seat free of charge - AA PPRo.
Old Jun 9, 22, 7:46 pm

Are you sure you could pick seats free of charge ahead of time? I just booked a Blue Basic fare for 1 AA Plat and 2 no-status B6 members. On the seat selection page it says "Blue Basic fares are subject to a fee for advance seat selection. This fee applies to all customers (including Mosaic), up to 24 hours prior to departure." Sure enough, I can pick seats, but the ones I would choose are $12-13 each.

Am I correct to assume we'll be able to pick seats at the 24 hour mark for free, including EMS seats if they're available? My wife is going to be pissed if we end up with middle seats separated from the kid...
Old Jun 9, 22, 8:24 pm
formerly B7e7US
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA/DL PLT, Priority Pass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I booked an award ticket using my True Blue points and during booking it didn't accept my AAdvantage number, so I left it blank. After booking, I was able to enter it. For the return, it was a blue fare and same thing happened, could not enter my AAdvantage number but as soon as the ticket was booked, I was able to enter it.

Search this Thread