FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Home vs Mailing address
View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:33 pm
Global Adventurer

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Well that’s concerning. Sounds like this was something done on a call or chat?

In my case, I changed one card online and saw that for each card there is a separate address area in the account services section. So I don’t think my changing one affected the other cards. I got two replacement cards since then and they arrived at separate addresses per the account (so correctly). But what a nightmare if they all conflate and/or have the wrong address!

I think I’m going to just have to change the address periodically when I know I have a card coming. Ugh.
Each card account has to have the change done separately. If you're able to do it ONLINE then do it yourself, because if you call they will screw it up most likely. They screwed mine up every time, took months to fix. My situation was different. I had a post office box and a home address. You can't change the address to a post office box unless you talk to a real live representative. And yes, check your account statements. I checked my online account addresses and everything looked fine with the mailing and home address but they have to click on something on their end to make it actually work in reality, so all my stuff was still going to the home address and not the mailing address. But, DO NOT call them if at all possible. Good luck.