Amex Home vs Mailing address

Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Amex Home vs Mailing address

I have two residences (I'll call them Home A and Home B). If I enter Home A as "home address" in my Amex online account profile and Home B as "mailing address", what address will appear on my statements? I'd like to have the "home address"/Home A appear on my online statements and any replacement cards etc be delivered to the "mailing address"/Home B. I also only wish to do this for one card account. The others will all show the same address for everything (Home B). TIA
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:35 am

Since it comes in a window envelope, it will be mailed to whatever is printed on the statement
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Schnit
Since it comes in a window envelope, it will be mailed to whatever is printed on the statement
Right. Although mine are all online not mailed. But I see your point. Im assuming replacement cards would be mailed to mailing address also. Im wondering now why there would be a distinction. Maybe bc home address is the one associated with the account.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 11:46 am

So you can send your statements to a PO Box? Hide the card you use when you go away with your girlfriend from your wife? Home address might not be the business address?

Lots of reasons to send elsewhere :-)
Old Aug 2, 2022, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schnit
So you can send your statements to a PO Box? Hide the card you use when you go away with your girlfriend from your wife? Home address might not be the business address?

Lots of reasons to send elsewhere :-)
LOL! Not trying to hide it from anyone. One of our homes is in FL, and sometimes I (or spouse or kid!) need to show proof of residency. Statements are an easy way to do that. I have internet, utilities, insurance statements too, but my kids dont. So, for example, one used the Amex statement (AU on my card) to get a library card. 😊

Ive had one card account going to that home with both home/mailing addresses there, but then the problem arises when Amex sends a replacement card and we arent there for a few weeks. Would another option be to keep home/mailing address there but request replacement cards to different address? Didnt think theyd do that for security purposes.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
I can tell you, whichever address you have listed as your MAILING ADDRESS is where you will receive ALL your credit cards and billing statements. Unless there's some new option where the customer service representative can separate them.

​​​​​​Also, whatever you do, double check the accuracy of the change the following month as Amex CS is known for screwing things up with address changes like you want to accomplish. Been there and done that unfortunately.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I can tell you, whichever address you have listed as your MAILING ADDRESS is where you will receive ALL your credit cards and billing statements. Unless there's some new option where the customer service representative can separate them.

​​​​​​Also, whatever you do, double check the accuracy of the change the following month as Amex CS is known for screwing things up with address changes like you want to accomplish. Been there and done that unfortunately.
Well thats concerning. Sounds like this was something done on a call or chat?

In my case, I changed one card online and saw that for each card there is a separate address area in the account services section. So I dont think my changing one affected the other cards. I got two replacement cards since then and they arrived at separate addresses per the account (so correctly). But what a nightmare if they all conflate and/or have the wrong address!

I think Im going to just have to change the address periodically when I know I have a card coming. Ugh.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Well thats concerning. Sounds like this was something done on a call or chat?

In my case, I changed one card online and saw that for each card there is a separate address area in the account services section. So I dont think my changing one affected the other cards. I got two replacement cards since then and they arrived at separate addresses per the account (so correctly). But what a nightmare if they all conflate and/or have the wrong address!

I think Im going to just have to change the address periodically when I know I have a card coming. Ugh.
Each card account has to have the change done separately. If you're able to do it ONLINE then do it yourself, because if you call they will screw it up most likely. They screwed mine up every time, took months to fix. My situation was different. I had a post office box and a home address. You can't change the address to a post office box unless you talk to a real live representative. And yes, check your account statements. I checked my online account addresses and everything looked fine with the mailing and home address but they have to click on something on their end to make it actually work in reality, so all my stuff was still going to the home address and not the mailing address. But, DO NOT call them if at all possible. Good luck.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Each card account has to have the change done separately. If you're able to do it ONLINE then do it yourself, because if you call they will screw it up most likely. They screwed mine up every time, took months to fix. My situation was different. I had a post office box and a home address. You can't change the address to a post office box unless you talk to a real live representative. And yes, check your account statements. I checked my online account addresses and everything looked fine with the mailing and home address but they have to click on something on their end to make it actually work in reality, so all my stuff was still going to the home address and not the mailing address. But, DO NOT call them if at all possible. Good luck.
Gotcha. Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
LOL! Not trying to hide it from anyone. One of our homes is in FL, and sometimes I (or spouse or kid!) need to show proof of residency. Statements are an easy way to do that. I have internet, utilities, insurance statements too, but my kids dont. So, for example, one used the Amex statement (AU on my card) to get a library card. 😊

Ive had one card account going to that home with both home/mailing addresses there, but then the problem arises when Amex sends a replacement card and we arent there for a few weeks. Would another option be to keep home/mailing address there but request replacement cards to different address? Didnt think theyd do that for security purposes.
You (or your kid) have only one credit card?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.