FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Wifi is Unusable / Problems Connecting to United_Wi-Fi
Old Aug 2, 2022, 7:00 pm
mfirst

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
iOS 15.6 and UA inflight wifi

I recently upgraded by iPhone 11 Pro to 15.6 - and while I am not happy with it for a variety of reasons - the major issue appears to be not playing well with the UA inflight WiFi services. I was able to connect - but it would drop the internet connection frequently. In addition, while I was able to use some of the basic UA service - track flight status, book flights, review my travel and account info, I could not do anything else - couldnt use free messaging, could not access any inflight entertainment (it consistently brought me to the page that you get when you dont have a connection), couldnt get to the "partners" page. I tried a few different setting on my phone and there was nothing obviously.

It also appears that the app is crashing and/or freezing up more frequently....even when I have a stable ground (like at home) wifi or cell connection.

It appeared that others on the flight, not that I could completely be sure, didnt have any issues and there was no announcement "sorry, but not working"

Although, I have to say on some recent fights, the overall reliability of the Wifi has been very low.