Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Wifi is Unusable / Problems Connecting to United_Wi-Fi

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Have used the wifi now twice on cross country trips and it is abysmal. The service is much worse than AA or US Air.
Alireza2018 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Which system? UA has three different ones.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Jflynn64
Have used the wifi now twice on cross country trips and it is abysmal. The service is much worse than AA or US Air.
April Fools?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, the United sponsored one on the Airbuses.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
I was on the last flight yesterday night LGA-ORD and the wifi was abysimal.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by LarkSFO
April Fools?
Pretty slow rollout of wifi...
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:49 pm

Programs: EK PLAT 2022-2023, UAplat soon to be LH senator!
flew ord-hnl 2 weeks ago......all inflight entertainment was gone, wifi was a joke and had to rely on the laptop(which i swore i would not bring)and my daughter and her friend making faces at me for 9 hrs as entertainment.....get a good wifi system going or just leave it ala spirit....rediculous
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:25 pm

Only one data point but I used united wifi (airbus) a couple weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. Connection was fast, price ($7) was right.

of course, that's the only time I've even seen it offered.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
Flew BKK->NRT->SFO->ORD a few weeks back. Honestly Wifi was much better than I expected especially on the TPAC leg from NRT->SFO. Not sure if this is related since OP was refering to cross country trips but thats my 2 cents.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by danhunterpost
Not sure if this is related
Same hardware. Probably talking to different satellites along the way, but it is the same kit.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
Flew BKK->NRT->SFO->ORD a few weeks back. Honestly Wifi was much better than I expected especially on the TPAC leg from NRT->SFO. Not sure if this is related since OP was refering to cross country trips but thats my 2 cents.
I did the same route last week, and I thought it was acceptable. I was surprised how useful it was.

Billy
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
I agree, I did 2 TPAC on 747 recently and both had Wifi that was stable and fast enough to keep me work productive.

The wifi on 737 is also pretty good, especially at the $2/h price.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
i haven't had any problems with the wifi the last couple months on several flights.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I had a 320 a week or so ago where I pulled out my laptop just to check out the wi-fi. Of the big 3 browsers, only Firefox could load www.united.com. I played around fixing some seat assignments, and it literally took me about 7 minutes just to change seats on a 4 segment itinerary.

Admittedly, I didn't pay anything for the service, just holy cow, that's just unbelievable. Who pays for this stuff?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
BKK-NRT-SFO Same for me. I was surprised how well it worked after hearing all the complaints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.