FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada revoked a worker's flying privileges after her daughter complained
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:44 pm
Ghoulish
Suspended

Originally Posted by azepine00
If she was indeed mistreated (and not acted as dykwia) I don't understand why it makes a difference if she was on standby buddy pass or paid customer.

Stanby travel is a part of general comp and airlines offer that instead of paying higher salary - they benefit from such arrangement more that employee.

with a valid complaint this seems like a retaliation by ac (akin complaining about medical service paid by insurance leading to suspending coverage)..

I encountered plenty of employees who treat customers like dirt - that should not be acceptable regardless of whether the customers pay premium for tix buy some basic economy fare book award tix or travel on buddy pass..
The 40 year old "child" of the 62 year old administrator repeatedly represented herself as a paying customer, demanding compensation from multiple airline personnel including the CEO.

This is a violation of the terms the airline imposed on its free family tickets (as in, you will not seek to punish the company by seeking compensation for a freebie), not to mention dishonest and stupid.

When they realized she was on an employee comp ticket they refused to pay her what she was demanding.

Then went to the media.

Since we now know this is a full grown adult, I take it back. The employee shouldn't be fired.

Only making the loss of the privilege temporary was a grace the airline shouldn't have extended though. It ought to be permanent.

Last edited by Ghoulish; Aug 2, 2022 at 3:53 pm