FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: JFK / New York J F Kennedy International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc
Old Aug 2, 2022, 1:08 pm
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I posted this question to BA TP run but have not got any response. If not appropriate, please remove.

I will arrive into JFK on BA at 21:00 and have the next AA flight at 6:00 in the next morning. I don't know how long the immigration takes and need to be at the airport at 4:30ish for the AA flight.

Should I stay at the airport or is it worth staying at a nearby hotel? I searched for some hotels but none of those are located within a walking distance. It would be appreciated if anyone could advise how to spend the "connection time".
Staying at the airport sounds absolutely miserable as you'll literally be sitting on a landside bench for 6-7 hours. The TWA Hotel is the only connected hotel to JFK. I would get whatever hotel you can find that fits your budget, even if you'll only have 5-6 hours of true rest time.

AA Guide: JFK / New York J F Kennedy International Airport - MCT, Connection, etc