FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide: Madrid-Barajas Intl. Airport (MAD) - Arrival, Depart, Connect, etc.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:21 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by phillyjoe
At the end of August, I am taking a trip PHL/MAD on AA connecting to MAD/ZAG on IB in terminal 4-4s. In early September, I am going BRU/MAD on IB connecting to MAD/PHL on AA.

Any hints on connecting--easy or tough, things to avoid? Hand baggage only. How about lounge access? I am OW/SAPPHIRE (AA PLATINUM) with Admirals Club membership.

Thanks in advance.
Not much other than to just follow the signs, it's a relatively easy connection.

Coming from the US, you'll arrive at T4S, clear immigration, then take the elevators downstairs to the train to T4, it runs every couple mins. Once at T4 you'll reclear security then can head to the lounge or gate.

On the return it's basically the opposite, you'll arrive at T4 from BRU, head downstairs and take the train to T4S where you'll clear immigration and security and then can head to the lounge or gate.

For lounges, on the outbound you can use the IB 'Dali' lounge at T4 before the flight to ZAG, and on the return the IB 'Velazquez' lounge at T4S before the flight to PHL.