FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking? - 2022 onwards
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:53 pm
exerda
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kipper
LOL, I have issues with a lot of milkshake IPAs. A semi-local brewery has a toasted coconut one called, "Unladen Swallow." I want to try it, because of the name, but I cringe at the idea of a toasted coconut milkshake IPA. A nice stout or porter, sure.
I will have one at a bottle share where I can pour a tiny sip and not feel bad about wasting the rest. I'd never order a pint or buy a 4 pack of a milkshake IPA unless I knew I had recipients for at least 3 of the cans lined up.

I have had some tasty ones, but that's just too much sugar to drink on my own.

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I’m lactose intolerant.. I’m not going anywhere near a milkshake IPA. I’m not sure I’d enjoy it even if I could drink one without getting sick.
It seemed a lot of breweries moved away from lactose IPAs (and lactose-laden fruited sours) a couple of years back, most in favor of other additives... but I've seen them making a comeback. I was at a brewery Friday where someone ordered a "strawberry milkshake IPA," and then when it came out, said, "Wait, I thought it was going to be an actual milkshake... not a beer?" (Some folks I know would have immediately piped up with, "That's not a beer, buddy, no matter what they tell you.")