FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CGK fast track immigration for J pax
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:19 am
BobFF68

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by fender5787
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there’s fast track immigration at CGK for J pax. Also, how’s the immigration wait situation there nowadays? I’m hoping it’s not nearly as bad as the report frlm DPS. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
No immigration fast track at CGK for J pax.

I went back from a family holiday in Europe 2nd of July around 6.30 pm, unfortunately several intl. flights landed at the same time, lines at both VOA and standard foreigners gates with pre issued visa or visa exempted quite long, it took me one and half hour to pass the immigration, 11+ years I'm living in the country this was the longest immigration process ever, my wife and daughter using the Indonesian gates did all in 20 minutes.

Either if you enter with VOA or you are visa exempted more or less the time were the same, with VOA there is a big line for payment and get the stamp, while then you pass the immigration on a separate gate without further checks, otherwise there is a big line for the standard immigration gates where only 4 gates were manned above 10 available. it is possible that if you arrive in other moment of the day situation to be much better.

To note that I'm a foreigner with permanent visa but I should use the same line as everyone else despite there are specific gates for special and resident visa holders, in the past there were always specific lines open, now just one for all, I even asked the guy in charge was handling the lines about this "enhancement" and he confirmed that, sure now I'm happier than ever to pay the hefty Visa and re-entry permit fees, anyway I'm digressing.