Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

CGK fast track immigration for J pax

Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

Hi all,

Does anyone know if theres fast track immigration at CGK for J pax. Also, hows the immigration wait situation there nowadays? Im hoping its not nearly as bad as the report frlm DPS. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I never saw one for J class, but maybe Garuda has special arrangements.
You can pay for a " meet and greet" service that will speed you through.
I pass through Fast Track there with my Apec card.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by fender5787
Hi all,

Does anyone know if theres fast track immigration at CGK for J pax. Also, hows the immigration wait situation there nowadays? Im hoping its not nearly as bad as the report frlm DPS. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
No immigration fast track at CGK for J pax.

I went back from a family holiday in Europe 2nd of July around 6.30 pm, unfortunately several intl. flights landed at the same time, lines at both VOA and standard foreigners gates with pre issued visa or visa exempted quite long, it took me one and half hour to pass the immigration, 11+ years I'm living in the country this was the longest immigration process ever, my wife and daughter using the Indonesian gates did all in 20 minutes.

Either if you enter with VOA or you are visa exempted more or less the time were the same, with VOA there is a big line for payment and get the stamp, while then you pass the immigration on a separate gate without further checks, otherwise there is a big line for the standard immigration gates where only 4 gates were manned above 10 available. it is possible that if you arrive in other moment of the day situation to be much better.

To note that I'm a foreigner with permanent visa but I should use the same line as everyone else despite there are specific gates for special and resident visa holders, in the past there were always specific lines open, now just one for all, I even asked the guy in charge was handling the lines about this "enhancement" and he confirmed that, sure now I'm happier than ever to pay the hefty Visa and re-entry permit fees, anyway I'm digressing.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
For a time there was a line for those with over 60 years, as there was in Bali. But even if that continues, and if you qualify, then the VOA would throw a spanner in the works - unless that also had a special line…

But I never saw anything for premium-class passengers.

I'm OK with the age discrimination thing - advancing years correlate loosely with physical discomfort standing in line; but i'm not so comfortable about those buying a more expensive ticket gaining faster access to immigration. The country allows an undesirable "them and us" undercurrent to immigration, the first face-to-face formal meeting between the traveller and officials of the government. And unless the airline pays for the privilege enjoyed by its premium passengers, the state receives no benefit from the awkward situation.

OK, OK - I'm a pragmatist (and hypocrite!): where discrimination exists based on class of travel, I hold my nose and survive the discomfort .

But I'm never going to pay third party to suborn officialdom on my behalf, to get me to the head of a line.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I would say in 99% of normal circumstances im like IAN-UK and would hate to encourage light corruption. However, after living in a few places where greasing the wheels were literally the only way to get anything done in a time frame that somewhat acceptable to anyone with a semblance of a schedule, Ive come to accept its a part of life in many places. And with that said, I seem to have found a $50 fast track service in CGK (https://www.jiasfasttrack.com/). Ill be arriving at 11:50pm after 26 hours of flying before connecting the following morning to a domestic flight, and would like the maximize sleep at the airport hotel, so I guess Im gonna be selfish and perpetuate petty corruption.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: EK
just arrived in CGK on Friday evening, was in seat 3A, so one of the 1st off the plane. vax check, VOA line and then immigration all took 20 min. walked out and baggage was waiting for me as well, all in all the entire process was under 30 min and i was outside in the sweltering heat. arrived at 7 pm jakarta local time.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:01 pm

I would say in 99% of normal circumstances im like IAN-UK and would hate to encourage light corruption. However, after living in a few places where greasing the wheels were literally the only way to get anything done in a time frame that somewhat acceptable to anyone with a semblance of a schedule, Ive come to accept its a part of life in many places. And with that said, I seem to have found a $50 fast track service in CGK (https://www.jiasfasttrack.com/). Ill be arriving at 11:50pm after 26 hours of flying before connecting the following morning to a domestic flight, and would like the maximize sleep at the airport hotel, so I guess Im gonna be selfish and perpetuate petty corruption.
please do report back on the experience and if it was worth it.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
When are you leaving? We will be flying LGA-ORD-CGK on August 21st (arriving on the night of the 22nd on the same JAL flight at 11:50PM), so maybe we'll catch you on the plane!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zig666
please do report back on the experience and if it was worth it.
So it was interesting im not sure id pay for it again, but in the end I def say I saved time. Essentially the guy texts you and finds you in tbd first security line. Then he takes you and makes you sit while he goes to a special visa on arrival kiosk meant for other local guides/line hopping facilitators. This took quite a bit of time though since it was a scrum at that kiosk. Then with VOA in hand he takes you past immigration and youre at baggage claim. Overall Id say unless youre on a tight connection, its kinda meh
Old Aug 16, 2022, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Martellus
When are you leaving? We will be flying LGA-ORD-CGK on August 21st (arriving on the night of the 22nd on the same JAL flight at 11:50PM), so maybe we'll catch you on the plane!
Ha, already left and actually flying back from indo in a few days
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

an update...

arriving in J brings no benefits.

first stop at the guichets for vaccine history. relatively fast if those before you are organised folk...

if you don't require VOA, that's it: head for immgration desks.

VOA involves two related procedure:
queue to purchase visa. IDR500k, paid in IDR or foreign currency (Lord knows what exchange rate, and change given in IDR), or credit card (1.8% surcharge).

then shift over to the next queue where an immigration officer will take your VOA receipt, maybe ask a few questions, stick and stamp a visa in your passport.

then follow the correct path out, which involves a low-,key chap checking uour visa and waving you through.

hopefully you've been given the customs form to fill in on the flight into Jakarta. Of not, time to grab one and fill it in, to hand over to the customs official

no interest at all shown in the app. noone seemed to have completed the online customs declaration either.

pretty much stress free. though it might be a different verdict for anyone at the tail end of a bunch of international arrivals.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
$50 bribe/Anara

We usually arrive around midnight. Easiest time to arrive. Paying $50 is laughable. Thats a weeks wages for an average worker here.

In my roughly 50 entries to Indonesia, Ive never paid a dime. Of course since obtaining lifetime residency I dont need VOAs any more, but I have gotten about 30 of them in the past. Average wait for me these days is 3 minutes.

I find the staff at the airport to be quite helpful. The porters used to have vests with their ID number and a big NO TIPS on them too. I dont recall seeing the NO TIPS thing this year. Ive always tipped nicely for helpful service. These guys are working hard.

Paying $60 for a hotel room where the AC turns off every 90 minutes doesnt sound like any fun. I understand why someone would want a hotel close to the terminal. Heck, I paid about $60 a night for stays at the Ritz Carlton and JW Marriott during 2020 in Jakarta.
BobFF68 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BobFF68
No immigration fast track at CGK for J pax.

I went back from a family holiday in Europe 2nd of July around 6.30 pm, unfortunately several intl. flights landed at the same time, lines at both VOA and standard foreigners gates with pre issued visa or visa exempted quite long, it took me one and half hour to pass the immigration, 11+ years I'm living in the country this was the longest immigration process ever, my wife and daughter using the Indonesian gates did all in 20 minutes.

Either if you enter with VOA or you are visa exempted more or less the time were the same, with VOA there is a big line for payment and get the stamp, while then you pass the immigration on a separate gate without further checks, otherwise there is a big line for the standard immigration gates where only 4 gates were manned above 10 available. it is possible that if you arrive in other moment of the day situation to be much better.

To note that I'm a foreigner with permanent visa but I should use the same line as everyone else despite there are specific gates for special and resident visa holders, in the past there were always specific lines open, now just one for all, I even asked the guy in charge was handling the lines about this "enhancement" and he confirmed that, sure now I'm happier than ever to pay the hefty Visa and re-entry permit fees, anyway I'm digressing.
Just to confirm that being Australian, transting Jakarta overnight (stay less than 30 days), is it the proof of 2 shot vaccine the only thing I would need to enter the country? No pre departure test etc?
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

update to an update..

....don't bank on paying the 500k VoA fee with a card. yesterday the facility was withdrawn - maybe covering for a temporary connection glitch. They waned IDR cash or USD/EUR notes ,maybe other major currencies.

There's an ATM, but getting the rupias throws a delay into the equation, so it's best to have cash ready. Change, of course, is given in IDR.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 12:30 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
IAN-UK : thanks for the update about arrivals into CGK,
Seems all similair to DPS so no sudden surprises in Qs fortunately

I have used your response/report to sooth the nerves of some business associates whom are travelling into CGK instead of DPS this upcoming weekend. So many thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.