FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questions about travel to Barcelona
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:49 am
ubiest

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Tintin

(1) Are we still using VeriFLY app to submit Covid-19 vaccination record, other entry/exit forms, etc. for all legs (entry at BCN, transfer at LHR, entry at JFK)?
(2) Is AA still using T5 at LHR for departure/arrival of JFK flights?
(3) In case AA 107 to JFK departs from T3, what is the current procedure at LHR to transfer from (arrival at) T5 to (departure from) T3? In the pre-Covid-19 era, there was airside shuttles between T5 and T3. Are those shuttles operating now?
(4) Is there any arrival lounge in BCN in AA's arrival terminal T1 (One World Emerald or Priority Pass)?
(5) Is there any important information about international travel that I should know since I haven't traveled internationally since August last year?

Will appreciate any feedback. Many thanks.

Tintin
Good to see you’re back in the air -
1) VeriFly is not required, but you may be asked to verify docs (vaccination status) at check-in in JFK. However, Spain still does require the SpTH app to generate a QR code unless you have an EU vaccination certificate.
2) All AA flights are now arriving and departing from T3 at LHR.
3) Exactly, take the shuttle from T5 flight connections onward to T3.
4) No arrivals lounge at BCN of any kind.
5) Just enjoy it!

I did the LHR T5>T3 transfer 11 days ago and it all went smoothly. Obviously, if you could swap for the direct BCN-JFK or via MAD, where there is no need to reclear security it makes for a better transfer experience.
What I would not do under any circumstances, should you stick to the LHR routing, would be to go landside between T5 and T3, since the worst issues being reported are at the security checkpoints into T3.