FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:42 am
DiamondMile

Originally Posted by loof
Ok, so my boyfriend and I redeemed Alaska miles and for one PDX- LAX- DOH- MLE and return MLE - DOH - SFO- PDX each. Biz class except for the domestic flights, but those are short, whatever.

After reading the advice here and elsewhere, I called QA to reserve seats. Ideally I wanted a middle QSuite but I just wanted seats in general.

Website said $92 to reserve seat. I thought, "well, ok, seen that with BA, so sucks but there you go." But then it wasn't showing anything other than rows 11 - onward for the DOH- MLE flight and the return MLE- DOH (QA flights 672 and 673). I thought that was weird and didn't correlate with the seat maps I'd seen. I also wanted to link my boyfriend and my itineraries in their system.

Also I could look at the seat map for the outbound flights but not the inbound.

So I called QA. I called a couple times and got some weird and conflicting information from them, including:

- You can't book or reserve seats online if you're traveling having redeemed points. It can only be done at the airport. Considering I have been reading about people who call and have the center QSuites seats released and knowing those people are traveling on points, I don't understand.

- Even though the website lets you click on a seat you can't actually buy it?

- Flights 672 and 673 were an additional $70 for a business class seat---apparently that flight has first class which is why I could only see rows 11- on.

- I had no idea why I couldn't see the seats on the return flight.

This seems really fishy to me and I maybe just ended up speaking to two incredibly unhelpful people? but I don't know. We aren't going until late January so I have some time but this seems ridiculous.

Anyone know where I can get some accurate info? I reached out to QRSuport on Twitter and fingers crossed.

Thank you!!
A number of redemption tickets do have difficulty in being able to choose seats through any website, including my latest booked with Asia Miles. A lot of people have success using their PNR on Malaysia Airlines or Finnair’s Manage My Booking section of their website.

Regarding you seeing nothing from Row 11 onwards on the DOH-MLE-DOH leg, I would bet my money that your flight is being operated by one of the Cathay Pacific dry-leased B777 aircraft. These aircraft do not have QSuites, they are reverse herringbone.