FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Jul 27, 2022, 9:06 am
Pianoman109876

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by bgriff
Flew JFK-SFO and back in D1 recently. The food quality, and amount of differentiation from F, had been on a long downhill slide for years prior to COVID, but I hadn't realized until I got the poke bowl on the return, and recognized the exact same meal from a recent midcon F filght, that there is no longer any differentiation in meal quality between F and D1.

In general, pretty lousy state of domestic premium cabin meals these days ... and is it just me or does everything seem to come with a little container of some sort of dressing/sauce where it's frequently unclear what it is supposed to go on?

JFK-SFO dinner, Delta One, pre-order only meal option of a Warm Turkey Melt (with a little card saying it was from Union Square Hospitality, and speaking of Delta food options that have gone downhill, when that partnership started there were some truly excellent meals, but nowadays ... if I was a brand manager at USQ I would be trying to get out of that contract ASAP...)

SFO-JFK lunch, Delta One, poke bowl
I’ve been saying this for a while- “better” domestic F means “worse” D1.

for now, domestic D1 only gets Skyclub (if it’s not full…ha!); cheap, itchy bedding, and an occasional amenity kit as a differentiator. But sure, enjoy your $1000+ premium.