FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Union Square San Francisco [Master Thread]
Old Jul 23, 2022, 6:23 pm
ElevatorEnthusiast

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
A few updates from my stay:
  • Upgraded to a Studio Suite the day of arrival - basically a big corner room with a comfy sectional couch on one side
  • Cleanliness issue (stain) with top bed linens taken care of quickly by Housekeeping
  • Bed was exceedingly comfortable - perfect thickness of covers, very lux sheets, great pillows, great mattress
  • I've never seen a mattress underside as clean as this one
  • Noise isolation with connecting room and outside quite poor - didn't bother me, though
  • Shower pretty good - nothing spectacular, but definitely not bad
Now, the lounge is still closed all the time, and the property is on the breakfast exempt list, so no Elite breakfast (just an extra 1000 points). However, the $25 destination fee includes a $25 nightly F&B credit. If you're one person and you don't get any drinks, you can get a pretty tasty breakfast with that credit. The American breakfast is $26 (other options were mostly cheaper), so with tax and 20% tip, I only had to pay $8.44. Now, coffee is $10, so don't order coffee at the restaurant (especially as free coffee is served just across the lobby in the morning). The hashbrowns were really good. The destination fee also includes nightly desserts, some kind of drink, and a mid-day snack at very specific hours.

Frankly, the bed was so good that I would return if the price made sense in comparison to other area hotels. For a solo traveler, the breakfast issue can be worked around.