FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points Booking with Small Children - Problem
Old Jul 23, 2022, 9:58 am
dbuckho

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
If you look at the standard room they are offering for an award, the maximum occupancy of that room is 2 people. That is why the website will not show an award available if you enter 3+ people.

You run into this sometimes - though usually it is a max occupancy of 3 in Europe or Asia when you are trying to book for 4 (2 adults and 2 young kids). Though one time in Dublin I ran into a max occupancy of 2 with my then 5 year old -- when I contacted the hotel they had no issue with him joining us, but he either had to share the king bed with us, or due to room size they would provide a blow-up air mattress but not a roll-away bed.

Does your 2 year old sleep in the bed with you? Or do you need a crib or roll-away? I would contact the hotel and see what your options are? Most likely they would let a 2 year old join as the 3rd person if using existing bedding. Size of the room might be an issue if you need the crib/roll-away. The difference in cash price between the Standard Room and the 1 Queen Bed Standard Single Sofa Bed, which has an occupancy of 3, is only 26 EUR for the night I just did a test search for -- so they may also let you book the award and then pay the difference for the upgraded room (I have done that several times at IHG properties).