FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A350-900 cramped plane
View Single Post
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:07 pm
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by HeatherDsyd
I recently flew on the a350-900 from Lax-Syd in comfort+. I'm plus sized, but have been roughly the same size for many flights now. It was pretty cramped feeling in general, seemed to have less room in C+ then I remember having in economy on other planes. Even the tray table only half unfolded, whereas last time I know it fully unfolded comfortably in c+.
Having said all that, my biggest issue was in the lavs. Spare you the details, but let's just say cleaning myself up involved turning sideways amongst some other gymnastics. After trying 2 diff lavs of the same size, I tried asking the FA if there was a bigger, accessible bathroom (I remember them from previous flights) and she waved me back to my seat and said "all the lavs are the same size.".

​​​
I have the return flight at the end of August and I'm really dreading it. 14+ hours = a lot of bathroom trips for me and a lot of misery in the cramped room.

Does anyone know if the FA was correct, are the lavs all the same size?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a refund (they changed my flights so I have the option) and paying an extra $200-400 to fly with a different carrier or if I should just suck it up and be miserable.
I think you should look into other airlines and see if their product is likely to be significantly more spacious in Y+. I don't think there are many airlines who offer particularly spacious lavatories. It also sounds like you've already flown one leg of the trip, so I would also make sure that your refund calculations and the cost of a one way ticket on another carrier are correct.