Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350-900 cramped plane

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:19 am
Original Poster

A350-900 cramped plane

I recently flew on the a350-900 from Lax-Syd in comfort+. I'm plus sized, but have been roughly the same size for many flights now. It was pretty cramped feeling in general, seemed to have less room in C+ then I remember having in economy on other planes. Even the tray table only half unfolded, whereas last time I know it fully unfolded comfortably in c+.
Having said all that, my biggest issue was in the lavs. Spare you the details, but let's just say cleaning myself up involved turning sideways amongst some other gymnastics. After trying 2 diff lavs of the same size, I tried asking the FA if there was a bigger, accessible bathroom (I remember them from previous flights) and she waved me back to my seat and said "all the lavs are the same size.".

​​​
I have the return flight at the end of August and I'm really dreading it. 14+ hours = a lot of bathroom trips for me and a lot of misery in the cramped room.

Does anyone know if the FA was correct, are the lavs all the same size?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a refund (they changed my flights so I have the option) and paying an extra $200-400 to fly with a different carrier or if I should just suck it up and be miserable.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
While not a definitive source, the map on SeatGuru shows the interior lavs mid-cabin may be slightly larger. Otherwise, no 'accessible' lavs on board.

SeatGuru Seat Map Delta
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mr_hoff
While not a definitive source, the map on SeatGuru shows the interior lavs mid-cabin may be slightly larger. Otherwise, no 'accessible' lavs on board.

SeatGuru Seat Map Delta
Yes, the mid-cabin lavs are larger -- https://www.delta.com/us/en/aircraft/airbus/a350
  • Wheelchair accessible lavatory location(s): Behind Row 39, Seats DEF
lindros2 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Airbus is also redesigning the sidewalls on the A350 to start accommodating 10 abreast seating. Some A350 operators already do this with 16.5 width seats but the redesign would allow 17 inch width. It will be tighter than the 777 at 10 abreast though since the A350 is 10 inches narrower than the 777.

https://www.flightglobal.com/farnbor...149542.article
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:43 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Even the tray table only half unfolded, whereas last time I know it fully unfolded comfortably in c+.
I have found that the ray table leaf level goes with the notch on my belt
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
A more detailed seat map for the DL 350 can be found here. The middle lavs are designated as accessible.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Airbus is also redesigning the sidewalls on the A350 to start accommodating 10 abreast seating. Some A350 operators already do this with 16.5 width seats but the redesign would allow 17 inch width. It will be tighter than the 777 at 10 abreast though since the A350 is 10 inches narrower than the 777.

https://www.flightglobal.com/farnbor...149542.article
doesn't matter. Wont see Delta doing it
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, everyone. I am almost positive I went into the middle lav behind 39 and it was the same size as the other 2. I guess I will just keep my flight & cross my fingers. Thanks again
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by HeatherDsyd
I recently flew on the a350-900 from Lax-Syd in comfort+. I'm plus sized, but have been roughly the same size for many flights now. It was pretty cramped feeling in general, seemed to have less room in C+ then I remember having in economy on other planes. Even the tray table only half unfolded, whereas last time I know it fully unfolded comfortably in c+.
Having said all that, my biggest issue was in the lavs. Spare you the details, but let's just say cleaning myself up involved turning sideways amongst some other gymnastics. After trying 2 diff lavs of the same size, I tried asking the FA if there was a bigger, accessible bathroom (I remember them from previous flights) and she waved me back to my seat and said "all the lavs are the same size.".

​​​
I have the return flight at the end of August and I'm really dreading it. 14+ hours = a lot of bathroom trips for me and a lot of misery in the cramped room.

Does anyone know if the FA was correct, are the lavs all the same size?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting a refund (they changed my flights so I have the option) and paying an extra $200-400 to fly with a different carrier or if I should just suck it up and be miserable.
I think you should look into other airlines and see if their product is likely to be significantly more spacious in Y+. I don't think there are many airlines who offer particularly spacious lavatories. It also sounds like you've already flown one leg of the trip, so I would also make sure that your refund calculations and the cost of a one way ticket on another carrier are correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.