FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:57 pm
rariya

Originally Posted by threeoh
Heads up for int'l arrivals in T5: the baggage hall's normal restrooms are closed for construction. There are only three single-user restrooms available (near the exit side of carousel 6), and for the entire 90 minutes I was waiting for my luggage there was a consistent 10-15 minute line for the restrooms.

Recommend you hit the head before passport control, or plan to hold it until you've cleared customs.

Non-GE line looked to be about 30 minutes for passport control at about 6pm.
Flew NRT>ORD yesterday and arrived in Chicago around 5pm. The line felt never-ending, my mouth was literally agape as we walked by, it took us at least 7-8 minutes of (quick) walking to get to the front of the line and the non-GE line spanned 4-5 people wide for the majority of it.

In my pre-GE days I have waited nearly 3 hours in ATL and the one at ORD looked so so much longer.

When we entered T1 the precheck line was also a solid 20 minutes. The lady checking our boarding passes kept talking about how there was no line just a bit ago and how shocked she was at the backup. Glad to hear it was quicker today. Must have just hit a perfect hellish pocket.

Last edited by rariya; Jul 22, 2022 at 1:07 pm