FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to travel from London to China
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:03 am
Danielinvesting

1. Testing Requirements

All travellers, Chinese and foreign nationals alike, are to undergo two PCR nucleic acid tests within 48 hours of departure (these tests may be done at two different institutions on the same day; or they may be done by the same institution with a minimum period of 24 hours between each test). The sample for the second PCR test is to be taken within 24 hours of departure.

I’m a bit confused, that means 48h I need to do 2 PCR test and also another test 24h before departure to china? Someone told me their translation was not accurate and actually is just 2 tests one within 48h and one within 24h, the problem is that people will tell you lots of different things and because the cost of ticket is very expensive is important to do everything right, thanks

Originally Posted by GinFizz
I am not seeing the problem here. The information on the Chinese embassy website is very clear in terms of what information must be on the test result certificate:

For a 6am departure on Day 0 the timing of the tests is rather straightforward:

PCR Test #2 on Day -1 at 10:00 (a 4 hour turnaround on the result will get this to you by 14:00, so plenty of time that afternoon for the embassy staff to process the health code). Note this is 20 hours before departure and 25-26 hours after the first test;

PCR Test #1 on Day -2 at 08:00-09:00 (no need to find a place that opens super early - many places will guarantee the result the same day if you take the test around this time). Note this test is 45-46 hours before departure.