FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best way to travel from London to China
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:48 pm
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by GJG
Hi All, just coming to this forum and reading through all the options. To me the Taiwan option makes the most sense.

I have legitimate business there and assume getting an ROC business visa would not be too tough (their missions in the US actually answer the phone and emails very quickly, allow you to FedEx in all the application docs, etc.), and I'm OK with doing 3 days quarantine on arrival, then visiting my suppliers, then traveling TSA-PVG. USA-TPE flights in September are cheap, under $1000.

My first question is would I still apply for the green code from the Chinese Consulate/Embassy in USA in that case? Second question is how to apply for the green code in Taiwan? Is there any PRC office there which would issue the green code? As far as I know there is no PRC Consulate/Embassy in Taiwan. FYI I am USA passport holder with a valid China residence permit, looking to travel to China in mid-September.
As the mainland considers it part of China, no green code is needed to fly from Taiwan, so you just show up with a test and fly.