FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:08 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fassy
The info box at the end of the page is acutally quite interessting:

Google Translate:

So, that is actually something where I can understand why the pilots are mad.... Maybe the agreement wasn't the smartest thing to do in the first place, and probably badly executed, otherwise they wouldn't need to fight over it now. But still, if SAS really sneaked out of their commitment this way, that is really mean and poor management style which deserves some punishment.

But on the other hand, the infobox is incomplete. Since they also strike for more money and benefits. As always in todays news world, everything gets framed to bias the readers opinion instead of putting down just the facts... all of them.
Team Anko may be of this kind of opinion: “that wasn’t my deal, there is new management, so deal with the old being replaced by the new with new terms on my terms.”

The pilots union has not been strategic enough. Naïveté is part of what led to that agreement about which they are complaining. If they had thought from early on that their counterparty was a narcissistic psychopath with no respect for the truth, then perhaps they wouldn’t have ended up having this complaint.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 18, 2022 at 12:13 pm