FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Holidays and delayed passport
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:42 pm
sammyg901

Originally Posted by Charentedame
Well good luck with your MP!

I need a new passport. Got months left on it but, unfortunately it’s getting close to the 10 year limit for entry to Europe. I need a new passport for September. Have been trying to get a one week fast track appointment somewhere in England or Wales. Have checked website regularly for weeks for appointment without any luck. For example, there were appointments bookable this week for period 21 July to 1 August for every day in Belfast and for two days in Glasgow. If I were to book an appointment and a flight, what do you rate my chances of getting there to make the appointment?

i emailed my MP a week ago explaining the situation. Next to useless. But totally expected from a failed Transport Minister.

He said that the problem is that people did not renew during the pandemic and are now all trying to do so at once. His advice is to wait and apply when the summer holiday season is over!

Good luck!
Follow the UK Passport Appointment Alerts bot on twitter, if you go on as soon as they're released it is easy to get a slot. It's usually 8am for 1 day and 5pm for 1 week