FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated
Old Jul 13, 2022, 4:55 pm
Tomas E

Programs: Eurobonus, Iberia Plus
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you want to see SAS management going nuclear it did just happen.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/penge/sas-...-mener-ekspert

Pulling this one when they have just restarted negotiations. It is of course the end point of not agreeing. But if management is working with this in mind already, they are also saying we don't actually want to agree to anything but our terms. Cue the option 3 that FlyingMoose added to my two above.
It does say a lot about management intention.....
​​​​​​
Reading this from a Swedish perspective, it doesn't mean anything to me. It uses some terms which must be specific to Danish labour relations, because I can't think of any corresponding Swedish "phenomenon" that explains what a "release from a previous agreement" is and why this would be a nuclear option. Their 3-year collective agreement expired on 31 March so surely they are already in a position where there is no currently valid agreement about salaries and benefits? This is why they could go on strike in the first place.
So could we get a simple explanation what this actually means? Is it something like severing all relations with the specific union and declaring that no agreements will be negotiated with them?
(I've been a local union representative many years ago - not in SAS, though... - and I think I know enough of Swedish employment law to recognise basic terms.)