FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonus Loyalty Points from Citi AA Executive Spending ($40,000 = 10,000 point bonus)?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 2:13 pm
MorganB

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
That is similar to my situation but Citi is now saying I haven't reached the spend. That would only be the case if the trigger is the date of posting to the Citi account, not the AA account. In other words, Citi now seems to be excluding charges that posted in December, but were on the January statement and were included in the January total of LP's.

I asked Citi weeks ago if I had met the spend and they said I had, but now are saying I didn't.
If you go into your account on their website ( not sure about the app) then you can do a transaction search from Jan 1st to current to see what your spend has been in the calendar year. Even under this scenario which is what I was using initially I passed the threshold of 40k spend on April 16th and 3 statements have cut and posted to my AA account since with no 10k LP bonus. It's like it's automated but if the automation doesn't work the customer service agents with AA and Citi have no idea what to do.

I'll probably wait till 3 or 4 days after my August statement posts and if I still do not see the LP bonus I'm going to call the AA executive liaison. It's very frustrating.

What's confusing for me is that the LP for my December 4th to Jan 4th statement posted fully as LP for this year. Seems like only the Spend from Jan 1 to Jan 4th should have posted.