FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bonus Loyalty Points from Citi AA Executive Spending ($40,000 = 10,000 point bonus)?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:43 am
USFlyerUS

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Citi and Barclays have consistently held that what matters for annual earning are those dollars spent in the calendar year - not based on dollars spent during a statement period.
Here is the full language (emphasis added): "The primary credit cardmember will earn 10,000 additional Loyalty Points after spending $40,000 in purchases that post to the cardmember’s account each qualifying year. The 2022 qualifying year will be defined as January 1, 2022 to February 28, 2023 (14-month period). Starting in 2023 and going forward, a qualifying year will be defined as beginning on March 1st and ending on February 28th of the following year (12-month period)."

This implies they're using the posting date of the transaction, not the consolidated spend on a statement date. I think what may have tripped me up is I passed the threshold under either calculation in the same month, so I never noticed the distinction.