FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]
Old Jul 13, 2022, 1:03 am
dark_phoenix

Programs: SAS EBD, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United MileagePlus Silver, AA Lifetime Gold
My experience with SAS cancellation/rebooking/etc

So I was scheduled to take a flight to Lisbon later this month. When I checked the flight a week ago, the flight was scheduled to be flown by SAS Connect so I thought I was in the clear. I was flying Plus from ARN-LIS and then business back with Lufthansa.

Got a message yesterday that my flight had been cancelled. Seems that SAS Connect was no longer flying the Stockholm - Lisbon route (or maybe they got it wrong and just corrected it now). They moved my flight out by four (4) days, which obviously wouldn't work.

Called them this morning (Central European Time). I am EBD and the hold time was one hour. Once I got to a CSR, they offered to rebook me on an LH flight on the outbound on my original date of departure, but only in economy (the CSR told me that booking class D is economy for Lufthansa which I guess makes sense) and the flight would have arrived 5h50m later.

Before making the change, I did a quick search on Lufthansa's website and it turned out that it was cheaper for me to cancel the SAS booking and book directly with LH in business in both directions (saved about USD100). So I told the SAS CSR that I would prefer to be refunded.

I am happy that I managed to sort it out myself and end up with a better deal at a cheaper price. I suppose asking the gods to bless me with EU 261 compensation based on the two proposed rebooking offers would be asking for too much?