FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Codeshare Flight Cancelled
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:14 pm
BA2158

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
Originally Posted by umaa83
Actualy, depending on the day of the week, I believe BA offers a flight into POS (plane stops in St.Lucia but continues on to POS), however, it's out of LGW. If you are willing to fly CDG-LHR, overnight somewhere near LGW, AA should put you on the BA onstop service to POS. Only caveat is if that flight is running the day you need to travel as its not daily. It's BA#2159.
I know I may regret it but, I use that BA flight all the time I purposely took the longer multi sector route for tier points. Going for BA Gold

Originally Posted by Furby
Given the scale of the travel disruption this summer you might want to book your own hotel at LHR as far ahead as possible and worry about being compensated later. Right now for some dates it can be hard to find a last minute room close to LHR at any price. You may get AA/BA to pay for the room after the fact under the EU duty of care requirement which requires that they pay for accommodation and food if they disrupt your plans even if more than 2 weeks notice is given. I submitted hotel receipts to BA under the same circumstances after the fact and was reimbursed within 2 weeks but that was travel booked with and operated by BA. In any case, if a good nights sleep matters to you then you should proactively book yourself a room and argue for reimbursement later.
Good advice! Thanks will definitely just go ahead & book and seek comp later.

Originally Posted by dls25
You can fly ORY-MAD-MIA-POS without an overnight almost every day.
That's a pretty good option as well but does Iberia require masks on board? If yes, not an option for me.

Originally Posted by PHL
As you're certainly entitled to the refund, but if you want to stay on AA/OW carriers it would seem best option is to fly the long hauls the day before via ORD or PHL and then overnight in MIA to get to POS the next morning.

If you're a free agent, the AF nonstop CDG-SXM seems like a good bet, though a lengthy layover until the POS flight. There's also CDG-AMS-POS on AF/KL which seems like a nice option to do the long haul straight to your destination from Europe.
Definitely want to stay OW. Also would avoid going into the islands as they don't have great connectivity between them.

Last edited by BA2158; Jul 10, 2022 at 3:05 pm