Wiki Posts
Search

Codeshare Flight Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 4:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Caribbean Miles Silver, Club Caribbean
Codeshare Flight Cancelled

I'm due to travel in August CDG - LHR - PHL - MIA - POS all in Business.
A few days ago I went online to select my meals and noticed a message
" Your flight changed. Please check back soon to see what changed."
Checked the itinerary and my CDG - LHR codeshare on BA isn't on the reservation.
So I assume it is cancelled as it no longer shows on BA either.
AA never called.
Being more than 14 days out I assume I'm not entitled to compensation. Am I correct?
The only option I can see is to go to LHR the night before which isn't the most convenient.
If I do agree to that, will AA pay for the hotel?
Just want an idea what to expect when I call reservations today.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
If you prefer, you can now call AA and likely get put on a CDG-USA-MIA avoiding LHR all together which given the current state of LHR I would do. Just tell them the BA flights don’t work for you. I’d research your preferred routing through one of AAs hubs directly connecting to MIA and ask for it. Should be a problem. HUCA if the first agent gives you any issues. Too bad the nonstop to MIA isn’t running as you would have been eligible for that flight as well.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by umaa83
If you prefer, you can now call AA and likely get put on a CDG-USA-MIA avoiding LHR all together which given the current state of LHR I would do. Just tell them the BA flights don’t work for you. I’d research your preferred routing through one of AAs hubs directly connecting to MIA and ask for it. Should be a problem. HUCA if the first agent gives you any issues. Too bad the nonstop to MIA isn’t running as you would have been eligible for that flight as well.
Thanks for the advice!
So the problem is, all of the options are too late & I will not make it to my final destination same day as planned.
So leaving the day before and overnighting in LHR is the only option.
Seems AA doesn't want to pay for the hotel, and then change their mind and told me to go BA in LHR and they will give me a voucher.
I'm skeptical
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by BA2158
Thanks for the advice!
So the problem is, all of the options are too late & I will not make it to my final destination same day as planned.
Seems AA doesn't want to pay for the hotel, and then change their mind and told me to go BA in LHR and they will give me a voucher.
I'm skeptical
Ah, I missed the part that POS is your destination, not MIA. I would not count on BA or AA giving any sort of voucher. I would position yourself in MIA the day before you need to be in POS and overnight somewhere in MIA before continuing on to POS. Take advantage of avoiding LHR too.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:27 am

Actualy, depending on the day of the week, I believe BA offers a flight into POS (plane stops in St.Lucia but continues on to POS), however, it's out of LGW. If you are willing to fly CDG-LHR, overnight somewhere near LGW, AA should put you on the BA onstop service to POS. Only caveat is if that flight is running the day you need to travel as its not daily. It's BA#2159.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles and More, Flying Blue, VA, Accor
I'm due to travel in August CDG - LHR - PHL - MIA - POS all in Business.
A few days ago I went online to select my meals and noticed a message
" Your flight changed. Please check back soon to see what changed."
Checked the itinerary and my CDG - LHR codeshare on BA isn't on the reservation.
So I assume it is cancelled as it no longer shows on BA either.
AA never called.
Being more than 14 days out I assume I'm not entitled to compensation. Am I correct?
I have the same message for a flight in October (MAD-LON-NYC). The flights first disappeared from my AA booking ref, then the BA. The issue seems to be related to the AA codeshare codes. I keep getting the same "the flight has been cancelled" line, despite the flight being available on the AA website under the BA flight code (the flight is also still showing as operating on the BA schedule, and can also be booked on the BA website). I don't know what has caused it (maybe BA changing the schedule slightly), but all the AA ticketed/ flight code BA operated flights seem to be glitching (there's issues with my BCN-LHR bookings too). Unsure if this is the case for you (you can check http://ba.com/schedules to see if it is definitely cancelled).
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Given the scale of the travel disruption this summer you might want to book your own hotel at LHR as far ahead as possible and worry about being compensated later. Right now for some dates it can be hard to find a last minute room close to LHR at any price. You may get AA/BA to pay for the room after the fact under the EU duty of care requirement which requires that they pay for accommodation and food if they disrupt your plans even if more than 2 weeks notice is given. I submitted hotel receipts to BA under the same circumstances after the fact and was reimbursed within 2 weeks but that was travel booked with and operated by BA. In any case, if a good nights sleep matters to you then you should proactively book yourself a room and argue for reimbursement later.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Thanks for the advice!
I'm skeptical
You can fly ORY-MAD-MIA-POS without an overnight almost every day.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I am in the same boat: leg LHR-CDG (operated by BA) is no longer showing on my trip JFK-LHR-CDG in August.
Mind you, I will not call AA as I no longer need the flight to Paris.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:01 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
As you're certainly entitled to the refund, but if you want to stay on AA/OW carriers it would seem best option is to fly the long hauls the day before via ORD or PHL and then overnight in MIA to get to POS the next morning.

If you're a free agent, the AF nonstop CDG-SXM seems like a good bet, though a lengthy layover until the POS flight. There's also CDG-AMS-POS on AF/KL which seems like a nice option to do the long haul straight to your destination from Europe.

Last edited by PHL; Jul 10, 2022 at 9:06 am
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by umaa83
Actualy, depending on the day of the week, I believe BA offers a flight into POS (plane stops in St.Lucia but continues on to POS), however, it's out of LGW. If you are willing to fly CDG-LHR, overnight somewhere near LGW, AA should put you on the BA onstop service to POS. Only caveat is if that flight is running the day you need to travel as its not daily. It's BA#2159.
I know I may regret it but, I use that BA flight all the time I purposely took the longer multi sector route for tier points. Going for BA Gold

Originally Posted by Furby
Given the scale of the travel disruption this summer you might want to book your own hotel at LHR as far ahead as possible and worry about being compensated later. Right now for some dates it can be hard to find a last minute room close to LHR at any price. You may get AA/BA to pay for the room after the fact under the EU duty of care requirement which requires that they pay for accommodation and food if they disrupt your plans even if more than 2 weeks notice is given. I submitted hotel receipts to BA under the same circumstances after the fact and was reimbursed within 2 weeks but that was travel booked with and operated by BA. In any case, if a good nights sleep matters to you then you should proactively book yourself a room and argue for reimbursement later.
Good advice! Thanks will definitely just go ahead & book and seek comp later.

Originally Posted by dls25
You can fly ORY-MAD-MIA-POS without an overnight almost every day.
That's a pretty good option as well but does Iberia require masks on board? If yes, not an option for me.

Originally Posted by PHL
As you're certainly entitled to the refund, but if you want to stay on AA/OW carriers it would seem best option is to fly the long hauls the day before via ORD or PHL and then overnight in MIA to get to POS the next morning.

If you're a free agent, the AF nonstop CDG-SXM seems like a good bet, though a lengthy layover until the POS flight. There's also CDG-AMS-POS on AF/KL which seems like a nice option to do the long haul straight to your destination from Europe.
Definitely want to stay OW. Also would avoid going into the islands as they don't have great connectivity between them.

Last edited by BA2158; Jul 10, 2022 at 3:05 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Have you checked using your BA confirmation code on the BA website / app to see if you have already been rebooked?

BA and AAs systems don't always update each other when there have been changes on the other airlines flights and schedules

I have a forthcoming BA booking but with several AA flights bookended with BA where AA dosen't have me arriving into LHR to take the AA flight and the BA itinerary shows flight times that have since been changed by AA.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Have you checked using your BA confirmation code on the BA website / app to see if you have already been rebooked?

BA and AAs systems don't always update each other when there have been changes on the other airlines flights and schedules

I have a forthcoming BA booking but with several AA flights bookended with BA where AA dosen't have me arriving into LHR to take the AA flight and the BA itinerary shows flight times that have since been changed by AA.
Yes checked BA as well and was indeed cancelled. Have now been rebooked the night before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.