FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH cancelled flight
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:09 pm
4vi4tion

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You have nothing to lose (other than phone time) from asking LH to rebook you onto the BA flight you prefer, although LH is likely to want to rebook you first onto a LH flight, then a LH Group flight (Swiss, Austrian, etc.), then some close partner such as UA, then other Star Alliance, and finally other (generally full service) carriers with which LH interlines, including BA.

How far apart are the times? Even if the earlier LH flight isn't ideal for you, I'd advise you to take it if LH won't rebook you onto the BA flight you want. With all of the delays and cancellations that are happening now, it's good to plan to allow a bit of extra time to travel if you need to be someplace that day.
The only one showing availability is nearly 3 hours earlier, but I'm not sure if what we can see online is different to the seats they can offer. I suspect not.

The problem with accepting is you lose rights to getting a refund afterwards... I'll call them and see what options they offer and see if it includes other carriers... It's such a headache at the moment with all these cancellations and uncertainty...