FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:32 am
Dania 1581

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum Eurobonus -Silver
[QUOTE=Dania 1581;34395510]I have a flight tomorrow AMS- OSL - KSU. The OSL- KSU has been canceled, but the flight from AMS is operated by Cityjet and therefore not canceled and open for check in.
I will contact SAS, but if I can’t contact them on time, does this mean that I have to fly tomorrow to Oslo and wait there till something happens? I don’t want to lose my first flight for no shown[/QUOTE
Update:
SAS sent me two emails. First one to inform me that my OSL-KSU had been cancelled and that the rebooking process had started
I tried to contact them to try to rebook to an OSL- MOL option, only one hour drive from KSU and operated by Cityjet. After one hour on hold, I received the second email saying that they didn’t find a rebooking option and that I would receive a refund. According to SAS website I could look for alternative travel arrangements and they would refund the difference between the cancelled flight and my expenses.
This was less than 24 hours before my flight. My boyfriend got fed up and decided to drive all the way to Oslo (7 hours) and pick me up.
I’ll submit all the expenses (hotel, gas and meals) and request a refund.
Not the most efficient solution, but at least I’m almost there (and yes, it was a romantic gesture!)