FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS strike from 4 July 2022 [and related Discussions]
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:48 am
zoneflyer

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Advice needed

I had two upcoming SAS flights and need some advice from fellow FTers here:

1. First flight was today 7/6 from OSL to BGO, got cancelled yesterday almost noon and offered a rebook of layover, declined and request refund. I booked on Norwegian yesterday myself. Can I get my Norwegian flights covered from SAS and submit EU261 claim as well?

2. Second flight is EVE to OSL to ARN on the 15th, checked that the same flights on recent three days are all cancelled so went ahead and book Norwegian again, the price skyrocketed from 180-200 all the way to 650 USD past couple days and had to pay for it ahead(it’s now almost $800). What is my next best course of action? Wait until cancellation close to 15th and can SAS cover for my Norwegian ticket plus another EU261 claim?

3. Saw a few posts above mentioning EU261, but read that strike count as extreme circumstances and may not be covered under SAS strike. Is this correct or since they are filing for bankruptcy hence brought back the eligibility?

Thanks in advance.