FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Guide: PHL / Philadelphia International Airport - MCT, Connection, MCT, etc.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:09 pm
twa777

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by mgerber8
I haven't flown out of Terminal A in a couple months, so just wanted to confirm - is it still the case that there's no dedicated Precheck line at A-East? I know the airport's website has indicated no Precheck there for a while, but I got lucky with the dedicated A-East Precheck line being open once in the spring, so I've been hopeful we'll move back toward having it again.....
That's right as-of last week at least -- they provide "Precheck lite", in that people with Precheck can leave their shoes on, but it's one line for everyone and everyone has to take electronics out of their carry-on bags.

Perhaps they figure most of the people going through security there are connecting from an international flight, and thus a smaller percentage of those people have Precheck, but it also feels extra-annoying to not have it there when you've just come off an 8-hour transatlantic flight.