FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Collective agreement for the pilots being negotiated
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:56 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I am pretty sure SAS was planning to go into bankruptcy with the primary purpose to be to cut its labor costs and perhaps also even to cut its related historical obligations to employees (and maybe even also retirees). They have a true obsession, like some here, with labor costs in a labor market where employees’ post-tax incomes are much more compressed than is typical outside of Scandinavia.

A company having one or more lower cost units already in operation could allow for some faster shell games to be played by the company. For all the talk about labor inflexibility in Scandinavia, this goes sort of like it goes with those cooperative and rental housing rules in Sweden about renting to others — the players know how to play around the rules and get their way by nook or by crook.

Originally Posted by fassy
You really don’t like lawyers, do you?
On the contrary, but it’s circumstance-specific. Consideration for the way things operate or may operate at the nexus of business, law and public policy doesn’t change based on what I like and don’t like.

I really don’t like seeing people ripped off or otherwise harmed because of the incompetence, ignorance or unfair dealings of others. And that includes activities undertaken by law firms.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 5, 2022 at 1:06 pm