FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reviews for Hyatt House & Place at Tempe / Phoenix / University ?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:12 am
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hyatt House

Stay Report - 7/1 to 7/2

I had stayed at the Hyatt Place side last November and had a great stay. I was unfortunately a little disappointed this time.

Check In: After waiting on someone who got into an argument with the front desk staff because she was trying to use a tap and pay app to pay, I got to the front desk. The agent working was really unfriendly and unhelpful and while he claimed to be the manager to the woman in front of me he seemed confused by basic aspects of hotels. I got no Globalist recognition and when I asked for an amenity bag (they were lined up behind him) he said those were for "honored guests" and he refused me bottles of water. He also asked if I had a "physical debit or credit card". It was really weird.

Room: A nice size and perfect for my daughter and I. Two large comfortable beds, working Wifi, decent sized bathroom with a shower that got hot and no issues with soundproofing. I definitely preferred the HH side to the HP side.

Breakfast: Still a highlight of this hotel. Scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, French Toast sticks and really good breakfast potatoes. Plus the usual cold spread with cereal, yogurt, fruit, pastries etc.

Do note the hotel is skimping on housekeeping. I still love the location but I hope the next staff member I meet is better trained.