Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Reviews for Hyatt House & Place at Tempe / Phoenix / University ?

Old Sep 20, 20, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond

These adjacent properties, sharing a common front desk, opened in August 2020:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/arizona/hyatt-house-tempe-phoenix-university/phxxt
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/arizona/hyatt-place-tempe-phoenix-university/phxzt

All the reviews attached to both the Hyatt and Tripadvisor pages are actually for other properties, a problem the hotel staff are aware of.

Can anyone offer informed comments about the property, or point me to reviews of these properties?

TIA, Dave
Old Sep 20, 20, 5:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy PLT, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Just checked in today!
-Rooftop pool is closed
-breakfast offering individually wrapped hot breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, and prepackaged fruit.
-pretty much the usual room decor.
-bar is opened 5-10pm.
Old Sep 20, 20, 5:50 pm

Incredible rates. AAA rates of $60/night. I've got a visit planned for later this year to get some cheap night credits that will roll over to 2021.
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 20, 20, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Hyatt House and Place at Tempe/Phoenix/University

In addition to the $60 and $61 AAA rates, there's this under the "offers" section of the hotel homepage:

500 Reasons to Stay Here

Explore new places and reward your spirit of adventure. World of Hyatt members can earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at Hyatt Place Tempe / Phoenix / University for stays between September 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 20, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by utgypsy View Post

In addition to the $60 and $61 AAA rates, there's this under the "offers" section of the hotel homepage:

500 Reasons to Stay Here

Explore new places and reward your spirit of adventure. World of Hyatt members can earn 500 Bonus Points for qualifying nights at Hyatt Place Tempe / Phoenix / University for stays between September 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
Nice!

So for $70 (after tax) per night, I'll earn over 2,000 points as an Explorist with a Hyatt Visa card. Plus one elite qualifying night for 2020 and one for 2021. Not a bad return.

Anyone know of free parking nearby? $17/night seems high for a Hyatt Place/House.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Sep 20, 20 at 11:38 pm
Old Sep 21, 20, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA
When Hyatt House and Hyatt Place share the same location and have the same price, is there a reason to pick one over the other? Seems that Hyatt Houses have larger rooms.
Centurion likes this.
Old Sep 21, 20, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by theshaun View Post
When Hyatt House and Hyatt Place share the same location and have the same price, is there a reason to pick one over the other? Seems that Hyatt Houses have larger rooms.
The brand difference is very blurred here. Since they share the same elevator, breakfast area, and same hallways. I am staying in a one bedroom and have not seen the decor in the Hyatt Place rooms vs Hyatt House “den” rooms.
Old Sep 25, 20, 1:17 pm

Stayed there two weeks ago:
- rooms are on the smaller side
- despite a slow day, was given a low level street/tram facing room as globalist
- breakfast is good and quick if you fill out the order form the night before
- rate is low
- AC is blowing out white powder
- didn't honor the free parking promotion

Need some time for everything to be in place for the property.
JustinTJ and TravisMT81 like this.
Old Sep 28, 20, 8:27 pm

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by Jwww View Post
Stayed there two weeks ago:

- didn't honor the free parking promotion

Need some time for everything to be in place for the property.
I thought as a Globalist your parking should've been free. Did you take it up with your concierge?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 29, 20, 9:08 am

A few pictures from our stay.

Pool area(closed)

SanDiego1K and Single_Flyer like this.
Old Sep 29, 20, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Strange the pool would be closed. Hotel pools have been open in Arizona throughout the pandemic.
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 4, 20, 2:57 pm

Programs: Marriott and MLife Platinum, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Elite, Hyatt Explorist
pool now open

I actually called on this since our stays are approaching and was told that they opened the pool Oct. 1. It was a decision by the franchise to keep the pool closed until Oct. according to the front desk agent I spoke with. Notably, the AAA rates have also gone up by $20 over the past week.
Old Oct 4, 20, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mile ho View Post
I thought as a Globalist your parking should've been free. Did you take it up with your concierge?
I ran into the same issue, refused free parking for Globalist on paid rate, on a different Hyatt. I had to escalate it to manager to get resolution. Front desk agent claimed that Globalist only receive free parking on point stays.
Old Oct 4, 20, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by utgypsy View Post
I actually called on this since our stays are approaching and was told that they opened the pool Oct. 1. It was a decision by the franchise to keep the pool closed until Oct. according to the front desk agent I spoke with. Notably, the AAA rates have also gone up by $20 over the past week.
I know exactly what FD agent you spoke to. She loves to say it is a franchisee that owns it. No kidding
Old Oct 4, 20, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by mile ho View Post
Definitely take it up with your concierge. Mine’s been able to remove bogus charges post-checkout.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: