FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Q Suite Master Thread
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:25 am
realgaga

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by SlowTraveler123
I have booked MLE-DOH-FRA on one PNR with Avios a week ago. Thanks to Expertflyer, I noticed that the cabin configuration for DOH-FRA was changed to 2-2-2. Still a B777. I referred to the policy above and the customer service replied that a change of the destination was not possible.

Also he stated that if he changes DOH-FRA he must change MLE-DOH as well ( a result of the "reversed" married segment logic). To me it seemed that he would basically cancel the ticket and book a new one depending on saver award availability. As I did not agree on the night flight from DOH-FRA, I assume he asked a supervisor and came back with a flight combo that did not have award availability. So there is some room for rebooking but they are not happy to stick to their policy.

Does the policy apply to award bookings as well. To my understanding, I can choose any flight as long as it is available paying cash. Also I feel that the layover policy of below 24 hours in DOH should not apply when rebooking. Am I right?

Also I was in contact with QR customer service 2 times before and I always ended up in an Indian call center. I feel those agents do not have all permissions and it is especially difficult to understand them. Can anyone recommend a phone number where you are not redirected to India?
I can't answer whether this policy applies to award tickets, but it is correct that they no longer allow destination/origin changes.
Try calling Doha direct +974 4023 0000 using Skype or something else that doesn't cost a fortune.