FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL [Master Thread]
Old Jul 3, 2022, 12:34 pm
dvielhab

Programs: United
JW Marriott Marquis Miami, FL [Master Thread]

Dear Fellow Travelers,

I am eager to get your take on the following:

I recently completed a stay at the JW Marriott Marquis in Miami, FL. Used the same corporate rate as dozens of times before at hotels all over the place. As per usual, payment was arranged directly through my employer.

Also as per usual, the nights for the stay posted on the next day. What didn't post were the points for the room rate (incidentals only).

Probably a mistake. I reached out to the Guest Relations Manager, who to my astonishment tells me that my rate wasn't points eligible due to it being paid by a third party.

Now, I know this is not true, and that what she is saying is nonsense. I even referred her to the relevant section in the Marriott Bonvoy rules. She replied that she would escalate to Marriott Bonvoy Customer Support.

I am kind of dumbfounded. This has never been an issue at dozens of previous stays (as it shouldn't be).

Have any of y'all experienced something similar, and if so, how did you handle it?