FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:49 am
tourguide

Programs: Flying Blue silver
Originally Posted by Frederic Wu
I am flying YYZ-AMS-JNB in Business class next week with 4h35m connection time at Schipol. should I change the route to YYZ-CDG-JNB with 10h15m connection time? I worry about if 4h35m is sufficient to go through transfer security at Schipol right now, also the potential delay at YYZ.
What do you mean with 'transit security'? Have you read the threads about transfering at Schiphol? (And not Schipol)? If you had done a bit of reading, you would have discovered that Canada is not 'unsecure'.
If furthermore, you understand that both YYZ and JNB are non Schengen, than you can conclude that there is nothing between coming off a plane from YYZ and getting on to one to JNB. No transit security and no passport control. Nothing, zilch... So, i have a feeling that 4 hrs and 35 mins will just be enough...
Sorryr OP, but i am just getting a bit annoyed with all those individual questions about the possibility to make a transfer or not. By now, there is plenty of information in this thread and there is another thread going on about transit security at Schiphol. Have a relaxed trip and i hope you won't get bored during your long connection. But hey, you are in business, so you can stay in the lounge