FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:34 am
UKtravelbear
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Michael747
Hi there, maybe someone can answer my question.
I will arrive on 08.07. evening with LX (ZRH-AMS on a LX Ticket) an will be flying on 09.07. with BA423 to LHR and then AA21 to DFW and onwards to SAT. (AMS-LHR-DFW-SAT on a BA Ticket) all flights in Business Class.
Because of the actual situation I decided to stay in the transfer Area at Schiphol Airport from 08.07. to 09.07. Cancelled my booking with Hilton AMS Airport Hotel. Is this allowed at all? If my Online Check-In is not working with BA for the Flights to the US can I manage to collect the boarding Passes airside? If yes, where? In the Lounge? I will upload all Documents with Verifly, or BA Website, if working. Last time I uploaded all Documents, but online Check-In was not available. It was a message, that there where missing documents.. But I uploaded them all..
I travel with hand luggage only.
Thank you very much for advice.
At AMS BA check in closes 60 minutes before departure.

BA no longer has its own lounge and uses the Aspire Lounge. The couple of times I’ve used it this year there have been no BA staff present to assist with queries.

The only airside staff would be at the gate area. BAs usual gates are in the D20 + area I’m not sure if they can complete checkin or do document checks there.

You may want to see if anyone can help you there the evening before.

The 423 is the first BA departure to LHR and gate staff may not even be there an hour before

To be blunt you’ve gone about this the wrong way and cancelled your landside hotel before checking if your plan to remain airside is feasible.