FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2022, 7:14 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
I can confirm that there were pax in line with other type of Priority (e.g. Premier with UA), so it is highly likely that this is the entry point for all priority pax. Perhaps that's why the long(er) lines. Privium got the separate entrance there and then same upstairs but then i think there was one line. The check on BPs to enter this access point is visual only. An employee checks your BP (printed or mobile).

[..]

Overall, from train arrival to lounge was 55 min. (0920 to 1015).
Thanks jerry_greece, much appreciated. Very useful info. That line for the priority gates sure does seem long... but if you got through in <1 hr its not that bad. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that today was a busy day according to schiphol. It was not a 'peak day' which we are probably going to be seeing over the next few weeks as the summer holidays are going to be kicking off.

Today was the one single day that hasn't got any 'alarming color' associated to it. What I don't get through, Dutch news is reporting Schiphol having reduced to a max of 67K pax per day for the busiest day's in July (By canceling or moving flights). That doesn't match the numbers in these calendar views. So honestly, it remains unclear and a lot of guesswork.

Originally Posted by manuswiss
Thank you for all the updates! I will be flying AMS-ZRH on Swiss on July 10th at 20:00. I have booked business class and I'm hoping to be able to use priority queues.

While I did read many of the posts, it's still not so clear to me if priority queues at security are always available, or if I risk having to stand in line 3 hours with everyone else. Are those priority queues marked somewhere? Are employees actually competent/friendly and do they direct you to the right place when you ask? Or is it pure madness?
I'm flying Swiss (The early morning flight) a few days later, also in business. From the above reports it does seem that we will be able to use the priority checkpoint. I would expect that to be available at times of Skypriority being open (not 24/7 - from 04:30 until the last KLM flight I assume).

Last edited by Xandrios; Jul 2, 2022 at 7:20 am