FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sindhorn Midtown Hotel Bangkok, Vignette Collection [Master Thread]
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:59 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by khabah
I didn’t stay at the Maa-Lai but spent some time hanging out in their lobby lounge/garden and went for a tour. I found the public spaces lovely and the rooms very residential in feel, if not particularly wow-inducing. As for this hotel, I don’t understand how it is supposed to represent “luxury” as dictated by the Vignette Collection brand when there are voco and even Holiday Inn properties that look way better than this one. The design here looks nice and clean but totally anonymous, lacks character and the finishings look more commercial than they do individual. I would have thought the owners would have spent the time between the launch of the brand and bringing the hotel into the fold to spruce it up a little, but it seems nothing was done.

I’m very unimpressed by this. With all the hotel choices in Bangkok, I wouldn’t try this one out based on how it looks, and what it offers.

khabah
Fully with you on this one. Entirely puzzling how this turned out to be Vignette Collection, Voco okay but nothing more. Kimpton definitely has a more upscale feel though for high end luxury one has to go outside IHG in BKK.