FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2022, 5:25 am
AnaTFN

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by manuswiss
Thank you for all the updates! I will be flying AMS-ZRH on Swiss on July 10th at 20:00. I have booked business class and I'm hoping to be able to use priority queues.

While I did read many of the posts, it's still not so clear to me if priority queues at security are always available, or if I risk having to stand in line 3 hours with everyone else. Are those priority queues marked somewhere? Are employees actually competent/friendly and do they direct you to the right place when you ask? Or is it pure madness?
The only time when separate priority lines were not respected was at the end of April when all hell broke loose with the strike and then the holidays. At that time the priority access to the top floor was blocked and priority passengers had to do the long line with everyone else until we were up in the first floor, where it was possible to get to priority lines (so we probably saved another hour of cuing).

I travel in and our of AMS about 3-4 times a month and that has not happened again. The entrance at the back of the priority check-in area has been available, and upstairs there are separate priority queues.

Last edited by AnaTFN; Jul 2, 2022 at 5:26 am Reason: typos