FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Proactive Customer Care Email - Ominous
View Single Post
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:45 pm
Lux Flyer

Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I'm on the 9:05 PM flight ORD-LHR. It's not offering a change. It's an email usually sent after something happens offering compensation. We're checked in (in paid J) with seats and the flight status shows it on time. Here is the email:

Hello,

I’ve always found that when things go wrong, it’s best to start with a simple apology. I’m sorry for the recent experience you had with us on your flight to London, GB (LHR - Heathrow).

I know it can be frustrating when things don’t go as planned. In an effort to make this right, I’d like to invite you to visit the following link to our United Cares page.

https://united.com/unitedcares

This site will be available for the next 90 days. To make this as easy as possible, please have your flight details available. If you were traveling with any friends or family on your flight, let them know they’re welcome to visit the site too.

Thanks for flying with us, and I hope you’ll give us the opportunity to welcome you onboard again soon.

With apologies,

Bryan Stoller
Vice President, Customer Care
The 6/30 UA938 ORD LHR diverted to EWR. Looks like they were trying to activate the United Cares compensation shell for passengers on that flight but accidentally input the 7/1 departure (probably from someone not paying attention to the proper departure date). My guess is they deactivated the United Cares shell for your flight when they realized their mistake but couldn't stop the email from going out (or realized the mistake after the emails were already sent). But if you tried entering anything in and your flight wasn't currently active as needing flight wide compensation United Cares won't offer anything.